Manuka Honey Certification
When you buy Manuka Honey, look for the UMF label to confirm that you have bought a genuine Manuka Honey from New Zealand. With the UMF marker, it symbolizes that the honey is audited which ensures its purity and quality.
The UMF is the only grading system that measures the unique manuka signatures in combination. The certification is trusted and known internationally with many expert studies supporting it.
By purchasing Manuka Honey with UMF certificate it provides a guarantee that the honey is a pure New Zealand Manuka Honey. You can be assured that it is legitimate, and you can purchase with confidence.
How to Know If It Is Real Manuka Honey?
Check if the Manuka Honey has followed these criteria:
- The label clearly shows the UMF quality trademark
- The honey is produced in New Zealand. The honey must not be imported, it must be made and packed in New Zealand such that it is 100% pure New Zealand Manuka Honey.
- Honey is produced by a UMF licensed New Zealand Company.
- UMF Trademark should have a rating number beside. A number without the word UMF is meant to mislead you and it is not genuine UMF Manuka Honey.
How Does UMF Grade the Manuka Honey?
The UMF grades the honey by testing the three unique natural markers of Manuka Honey in the laboratory. These three key signature markers are Leptosperin, Methyglyoxal and DHA. They must all be present in the honey or else the honey will fail the test. The grading will be determined by the concentration of these markers, the higher the concentration the better the grade.
- Basic Grade: UMF 5+ to UMF 9+
- Top Grade: UMF 10+ to UMF 15+
- Superior Grade: UMF 16+ and above
ManukaHoney.com.sg only sells Manuka Honey that is UMF Certified 100% Pure New Zealand Manuka Honey. Quality guaranteed!